On December 17th 2019, we organized an EMBEDDIA Open Day event at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (FER) in Zagreb.
The event was attended by students and researcher community members from FER and the Ruđer Bošković Institute in Zagreb, as well as other professionals interested in EMBEDDIA and the research topics explored by the EMBEDDIA research partners.
We presented 8 demos displaying the work done within EMBEDDIA in the first year of the project. The event was a success, presenting an excellent opportunity for project presentation and interesting discussions for future work.
Below is a list of the demos and a gallery of photos from the event. Photo credit: Marko Pranjić.
- Comment filtering & hate speech detection presented by Matthew Purver (QMUL) and Andraž Pelicon (JSI)
- Named entity recognition presented by José Moreno (ULR)
- Natural language generation use case presented by Hannu Toivonen (UH-CS) and Lidia Pivovarova (UH-CS)
- Semantic shift and diachronic news analysis presented by Matej Martinc (JSI)
- Cross-lingual analogy presented by Marko Robnik-Šikonja (UL-CS) and Matej Ulčar (UL-CS)
- MediaAssistant presented by Silver Traat (TEXTA)
- ClowdFlows presented by Vid Podpečan (JSI) and Matej Martinc (JSI)
- Presentation of the SemEval 2020 Task by Matthew Purver (QMUL) and Carlos Santos Armendariz (QMUL)